06 November 2012

I didn't want to do it...but

So I am sure you noticed that I decided not to mention the election. I have been asked nearly 15 times today..."who did you vote for?" And my answer is ALWAYS the same, even for my own parents, "that is confidential!" So even for you my beloved readers it's confidential. But the real question should be "did I vote?" 

***Patriotic Soapbox Warning***

We are so fortunate to live in a country where we are able to actively participate in our government. I know many people who could care less about voting. Trust me I have heard all the arguments: "Its picking the lesser of two evils", "Nothing will actually change", "The electoral college is the real voice", "God's hand is on this"...etc. The fact of the matter is we are privileged enough to be offered a chance to be heard, why not take it. I don't care whether you are a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent...what have you. It was important enough for people of all races, backgrounds, and creeds to fight for throughout the history of our beloved state. Then why should you jeopardize that for a stupid opinion. Sure I want you to be informed while making these decisions, but please make a decision. The future depends on it!

After a long night of debates, snarky comments, and hapless cheering a victor has been declared! We are moving FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment